Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Birthday Surprise!!



Well my birthday isn't for a couple of days, but last Wednesday Sterling got me good. We were down in So-Cal going to Disneyland with the kids and my sister's family. One night we decided to leave the kids at the hotel with my older nieces and go out to dinner. I thought it was just the four of us. In fact I kind of thought I had planed it. Little did I know everyone was in on this. So we are running late from dropping on the kids at the hotel. I didn't even have time to brush my hair, put on makeup or anything. We had reservations at the Rainforest Cafe and I thought we weren't going to make it. Sterling said he made other reservations someplace else just in case. When we finally make it there. Sterling kind of took off and went right into the waiting area. I hurried after him and saw his brother Spencer and his partner David. I said "Wow, imagine running into you guys here!" I totally thought it just a coincidence that we were there at the same time. Sterling gives me this look like "you are so clueless" I turn and look and there are about 14 of my friends and family staring at me. Then Sterling finally has to clue me in and say "It's a surprise birthday dinner for you!" Ok so it took me a while. I finally got it. Needless to say the night was sooo fun. It was so nice to catch up and visit with everyone. It really was the best birthday present ever!! Thanks Sterling, Spencer, David, Sherri, Matt, Shelly, Jason, Tammy, Casey, Marla, Josh, Summer, and Mike. And double thanks to Marla for the pictures!

6 comments:

Shelley said...

It was so fun to see you guys! I think it is sweet what Sterling planned. Happy early birthday. We miss you guys.
Shelley

Summer said...

Sorry this is a day late but Happy Birthday! It was really fun to see you guys! I'm really looking forward to coming to Utah next week. We need to make some plans.

OK I don't think a worse picture could have been taken of me! I look like a fat cow not like I'm prego! You didn't even have time to brush your hair and you look much better than me. Oh well you win some you lose some right??? Glad you had a great Bday!

Shar said...

Happy Birthday yesterday!!!
I just realized that I didn't wish you a happy birthday yesterday. But happy birthday, It sounds like you had a good one! Love you!

Tara said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Wow, did you have a good crowd or what? Disneyland and a surprise party? You are a lucky girl! I hope you had a fun day and all together a fun vacation! And just so you know, you all look cute!

Costa Rica Baby! said...

Hey Malinda,
I was browsing Summer's blog and found that cute picture of you and her. I didn't realize you two were friends. I remember you as a fun teenager. Great to see you with your adorable family.
I was trying to get a hold of your mom before we moved (out of the U.S.). I have a few slides of your family's. The number I have must be an old one.
Well, Happy Birthday! Keep growing those precious kids, they look like a lot of fun.

Brooke said...

We are rounding another month with no new post. We miss you guys and need some new pics! It's not like you have anything else to do, right? (: Ha, ha! I know you're super busy, but I'm going through cute Barnes' girls withdrawls!(: