Friday, June 6, 2008

A furneral, baby news, and other stuff

We have been so busy. With what? I don't really know. Time just seems to fly by in a blur. Here's what we have been up to...
Since I last posted my grandmother past away. It was sad to see her go, but at 89 and out of it from alezhemiers, she really hadn't been herself for a few years. I am happy to say I feel a strong sense that she is herself again and happy.
My parents have been up taking care of both my grandmother and grandfather. Now my Dad is alone with my grandpa taking care of him, while my Mom is getting their house ready to sell in California. Weither or not they actually move to Utah, well just have to wait and see. It was neat to see a lot of my Bradford cousins at the funeral that I haven't seen in probably ten years.

Here is a picture of her hold Tess last year. It was a neat experience because Tess kept cooing and cooing to her, like she was telling her all the news of Heaven. At this point my grandma was somewhat out of it and didn't know who we were.
A couple of weekends ago we went to St.George for a Judd family reunion. The girls just had a blast and swam probably 10 hours a day. They just loved being with their cousins. Abby acted so grown up and kept telling me (whenever I wanted her to stay in the hotel room for a while) "But mom I never get to so see my cousins, and we are here to have fun!" What could I say to that. So they wandered the halls and ran back and forth between rooms. We rented 6 rooms in this hotel and averaged about 6 kids a room. Unfortunaly, I made the mistake of finding the hot chocolate machine in the unlocked dining room. The kids would sneak down there about 3 times a day. I think the hotel was glad when we left. But I know my girls had an amazing time with their cousins and talked about it the whole way home. Tess cryed and cryed when we got home because she wanted to go swimming again so bad.
This is a picture of the last night. The cousins Abby and Sydnee's age had a sleepover in our room.
Other news I sure everyone knows is that we are expecting another baby come Novemeber. We don't know what the sex is yet, but we are telling everyone it is a girl. (our odds are pretty good, so we feel safe in that assumation) The girls are so excited and have already started talking to my big fat belly. (I tried to convice the doctor I was having twins, cause I feel huge, but he said "ahh no" . Oh well)
Sterling has been really busy finishing up is MBA and is currently enjoying a trip with his class to south america. He has been gone for over two weeks and will be home soon, but we miss him tons. He has had a couple really good missionary experiences and loves speaking spanish again.
Abby is done with kindergarten and can't wait to go to school all day and have lunch there. She is a great student and has really enjoyed going to school and then coming home and teaching Tess and Sydnee.
Sydnee is gratefull to be done with preschool at least for a couple months. She goes to preschool again in the fall. She has enjoyed it for the most part, but some days she would put her foot down and refuse to go.
Tess is growing up too too fast. She is talking in complete sentences and really thinks she is 5 or 6. She has no idea she is too little to do certain things. Just recently she has gotten into the habit of adding "yesterday" at the end of her sentences. I am not she why or what she means by it, but she will say "Hold you Mom, yesterday" I think it might mean right now. So cute how they come up with these things.
Danny and Shar and their kids are staying with us during the summer. The girls just love the baby and love to play with Katelyn. Tess and Katelyn are really twins. They have to do everything together and copy what each does. It is mostly cute. (I can get Tess to eat if she know Katelyn ate it, I can get her to nap if she thinks Katelyn is napping) But sometimes its harder. If Tess wants me to hold her than Katelyn wants me to hold her too, at the same time. And she won't go to Shar. It's pretty funny. It keeps things busy around here.
This is one of my favorite photos. We just got the girls out of the bath and were getting them dressed in my living room and they both just jump on the piano bench and started playing. Pretty cute bums huh?
Well I hope this long post makes up for all the time I haven't posted. Things have slowed down quite a bit and I am looking forward to a lazy summer.

5 comments:

Gicela said...

Congratulations Malinda! I am absolutely loving your blog and have checked every few days to see if something new was on it, and finally there is! Hoorah. Congrats on the new baby coming and I hope you're feeling well. I love the pic with the bums on the piano - so cute! It reminds me of Sofia; she loves to run around naked after bath - so silly!

Brooke said...

That last pic is too cute! We miss you guys tons and I'm glad to hear that you are doing well! When do you find out what the baby is? Love you guys and love those girls! See you in a few weeks!

Costa Rica Baby! said...

O.K., adorable picture! It makes me want to photoshop it (take most of the color out a make it a little grainy!)
Tell your sister I just barely got all of the spitwad off my parent's bathroom ceiling from when she was little! She taught Anna (my sister how to do it and they went at it) I'm sure the craft was learned from her older brothers. :)

Tammy said...

I'm so glad to see that you are posting again... I check everyday with anticipation and you have finally made my day! We love you guys so much and can't wait to hear if this baby really is a girl. Hope you are hangin' in there with Sterling being gone. We'll see you in a couple of weeks.

Elissa said...

Yay a new blog, it's good to hear how you guys are doing! Maybe I should just call you that would probably be easier! Hope you're feeling okay, we should get together soon and let the kids play!