Monday, June 30, 2008

Father's Day Suprise and other Surprises

For Father's Day I thought I would surprise Sterling. What better way to surprise a Dad then to tell him he is going to have another little princess. Yes, that is correct. We are having another princess. Why break the mold? I secretly went and got an ultrasound. My sister was with me and I told her and the tech I didn't want to know either, that I was going to surprise my husband on Father's Day. She wrote it down and gave it to me. Unfortunately, she kind of let it slip and said "she" during the ultrasound. So I couldn't keep my secret for very long. I felt like I already knew and was hiding it from him. The next day (Friday) I had sterling open the envelope with me. And sure enough it is a girl!! It took a few days of getting over the shock, but I am very excited to have another sweet girl. I admit I would be scared to have a little boy. But it would be fun to have a little Sterling. (As I type this my girls are playing dress up with their snakes. One we have had for over a year and one Sterling caught yesterday up the street, so I guess we already have little Sterling's)

I am so excited! Tommorrow is Sterling's last day of school. I can't believe these two years have gone by this fast. Maybe because they have been so busy. I am so proud of Sterling working so hard to get his MBA, but I think I am more excited than he is. I can't wait to have him home a little more. School started for him about two weeks after Tessa was born, so she has had to put up with me more than the other girls. She has always been my little girl and definitely loved me more :) but somehow Sterling has won her over and now she wants her Dad all the time. Can't I at least have one!! Oh well.

Anyway last Thursday as I was contemplating the end of Sterling's school days and already making a list of projects in my head, the phone rang. It was a little after ten and Sterling just walked in the door with my favorite take out. (yes since I am pregnant I am allowed to eat Thai food at 10:30 at night) The call was for Sterling. It was from a counselor in the stake presidency. He wanted to meet with both of us tomorrow. I immediately lost my appetite. (I don't know if I will ever be able to eat from that place again) We figured it would be for a new calling and Sterling was immediately sadden. He was so looking forward to finishing school and being able to spend more time on his YM president calling. He really loves his boys. For the last two years they have had mutual night on the same night he has had school. Well sure enough we met with the counselor of the stake president and he called Sterling to be the 2nd counselor in the bishopric. I am excited for him because I know he will work hard and really learn a lot from this. Me on the other hand, I don't know. I think this is the Lords way I telling me I need to cultivate patience. Yesterday, was our first Sunday with Sterling up on the stand. I felt like I was in survival mode during sacrament meeting. It went pretty smooth with the help of the bishop's wife and many many many reminders throughout the week of how they need to act. Also I brought distractions. Syd had a little meltdown, but we avoided a scene. I am sure it will get better each week. (my fingers are crossed) But all goes out the door in November when the new baby comes!!

5 comments:

Shelley said...

Congratulations on baby #4! Another sweet girl. :) Are you due in the fall? I loved this post - hearing about everything going on. Congrats to the both of you for making it through Sterling's schooling. What an accomplishment.

Ryan said...

you'll do great sterling, I'm sure they could use your brand of much needed wit and humor in that sacred calling..let's hook up for a bbq soon!

Cory said...

Congrats on having another little girl. Girl names are easier to choose anyway. Its awesome that Sterling got his MBA.

Marla said...

Fun, another girl, that is really exciting! Congrats!

MIKE AND SAMMI said...

Girls are the best. I'm with you though a little boy would scare me. check out our blog
mikeandsammi.blogspot.com