Friday, September 26, 2008

Tenth Anniversary!!



It's been ten years! I can hardly believe it. Our anniversary was actually on the 28th of August, but I am a slacker so I am blogging about it now. We had a crazy week so we didn't get to really celebrate it until Sep. 12 and 13th. But we did get to go to the temple on our anniversary. I thought that was appropriate and pretty cool, because that was the temple we were married in. I took some pictures, but I have to remind everyone that I am 6 months pregnant in this.

On Sept. 12th Ster and I went away to Park City to really celebrate. That was so much fun. It was a much needed break and time to reconnect. That is where we spent our honeymoon. It was fun to remember the past and to point out places we had gone and ate at those first few days of married life. We went shopping and out to dinner at Ruths Chris. That was awesome. I felt spoiled, but loved every minute of it. The food was soooo good and it was just so nice to be able to talk and not have to worry about the kids and just take our time. In the morning we window shopped down main street. It was funny because we went into an art store and I was telling myself "some of these sculpture's look like something my friend Raymond Gibby would do" Well I looked closely and guess what. They were his. Pretty cool. He was a guy I grew up with in Riverside. But haven't talked to for 10 years. They were a little out of our price range, but maybe I can get a discount :) Anyway after main street we headed off to the BYU UCLA football game. That game was awesome!! (byu 59 ucla 0) So we just had a blast. I couldn't have asked for a better anniversary. Not to mention a better husband!!! I love you Sterling!!! Thanks for sticking around for 10 years.

3 comments:

Gicela said...

COngratulations! I still remember going to that cabin! I also remember how you said you would never marry a Utah boy and how every night you would come home talking about how you needed to break up with Sterling! Too funny! I secretly knew you would marry him! Probably because of all those nevers! ;) You guys look great and I'm excited for your new little one to come. I think you should name her Gicela, after a really cool roommate you had at BYU! ;)

Heather Anderson said...

Congrats on the big 10:) Sounds perfect!

Shannon said...

Aaaah Melinda, I love that pic of you Sterling, you two are adorable. Congrats!