Sunday, September 28, 2008

Arches National Park








This weekend, or I should say Friday and Saturday we went to Arches National Park. We camped outside of Arches next to the Colorado River and spent Saturday at Arches and Goblin Valley. It was a blast and the kids had sooo much fun. The weather was perfect and we left the rain cover off our tent and pretty much slept under the stars. It was just beautiful. I didn't realize how much fun Goblin Valley would be for the kids. But it was like a giant playground. Sterling's Mom came with us and that was a life saver. Towards to end of the day the kids were so worn out that we had a couple of meltdowns but Grandma was able to calm them down. And it was just fun having her there. I love that my kids have their Grandparents so involved in their lives. They love them so much. Andrew and Brooke were there too and it was just great to spend time with everyone. I have to admit I was suprised at how brave my girls were. The first Arch we went to was Double Arch and the girls climbed up to the cliff. I barely made it up there and it was a little scary. I asked the girls what there favorite thing was and they said "everything!!" I was so tired after we left Moab and was ready to go home, but Sydnee wanted to go to Goblin Valley so bad that we couldn't let her down. It was about 1 hour out of the way, but I am glad we did it. It was so fun! I think Sydnee thought there were real Goblins there, but I don't think she was disapointed. Tess wanted her picture taken on ever rock. She was so cute, but she wouldn't smile, just pose.

3 comments:

Heather Anderson said...

What a fun trip! You are such a wonderful Mom to go an hour out of the way... your kids are cute

Tammy said...

Yay for blogging.... it's been awhile since I have checked anyone's blog and it was a nice surprise to have so many posts to read on your page.
You got some great pics in moab, I miss camping. Glad you guys got to go.
Happy 10th anniversary, you two are just as smokin' hot today as the day you got married, even being pregnant.

cute pics at sundance....

I absolutely loved your parable of the lost snake. At first it was just a funny story, I was laughing out loud then when you got to the end I started to cry. It's definitely a lesson I need to learn, right now specifically, so thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. We love you guys so much and miss seeing you. Can't wait to see you at christmas.

Meggen said...

Thanks for sharing your great pictures and write up about the trip to Moab. Wish we could have come too! Maybe next time.

You are an awesome photographer, by the way!

I too loved the parable of the snake. It was spot on and is a lesson we all seem to need to learn over and over again throughout our lives.

I voted for your baby to be named Callie. It is a name I always wanted to use if we ever had a baby girl. Since that has not happened for us, I would love for you to use it. The other names are cute too, though.

We sure love all of you and are so happy to be part of the same family!