Monday, February 18, 2008

Digital Scrapbooking


I have a had a few request about digital scrapbooking, so I will let you know a few sites that I love. When I started a year and a half ago there were probably 50 sites. Now there are at least 500. It can be kind of overwhelming. Anyone can be a designer of digi scrapbooking kits (it is so easy to do) and so there are a lot of them out there. A good way to start is just to google digital scrapbooking. Most sites have tutorials on how to get started. I recommend using Photoshop elements or Photoshop CS as the software. If you don't have it and never used it, it can be very confusing the first time. The helps with the software don't help. But there are tons of tutorials out there now on digi webesites and blogs. I have been learning as i go a long. I am no expert, but i will answer any questions you have. It is a lot of fun. I am warning you, I could spend hours on one page or surfing the web for new sites. Alot of sites have freebies. Especially designers blogs. Those are good places to start to pick up some free kits or free pages. All you have to do is click on the link and save it to your hard drive. Make sure you have lots of extra space on your hard drive. one kit could be like 70 MB. Right now I probably have 10 GB of scrapbooking kits saved on my computer. And about half are from free sites. So here are some of my fav sites:
www.digitaldesignessentials.com ( I love her kits, I could spend a lot of money here. Look at the gallery of pages. If you like them get the February idea notebook it is a great deal. I doesn't tell you what is in it, but you won't be disappointed.)
www.scrapartist.com (some cool freebies)
www.scrapgirls.com (not crazy about the gallery pages, but this site has some amazing elemets, templates, and actions that you can make youself. Really fun, but not a good site to start at unless you just want to read the tutorials. It can be kind of overwhelming.)
www.designerdigitals.com (i think this site has some cool freebies)
www.theshabbyprincess.com (go here first!!! Some really cool free kits, and tutorials.
(if you like a certain designer google her name and try and find her blog. Chances are there will be freebies on her blog or other cool info.)

So here are just a few sites. there are tons and tons more. If any of you are really interested I will post some more links of some great sites.
Let me know if you have any questions. I will try and help.
Enjoy!!

This page I made using stuff from the digitaldesignessentials.com feb. idea notebook.

No comments: