Friday, January 2, 2009

Callie's Here!!!





Callie Grace Barnes (yes the name Callie won!, well we decided it fit her too), was born on November 27, 2008. Our little Thanksgiving baby. Notice Grace is her middle name. She was 7lbs 10 oz. and 19 inches long. Very Very cute!! I had a really nice labor and delivery. I had been having contractions for weeks. Finally on Tuesday I was dilated to a 3. My real contractions started Wednesday. By night time they were getting harder. At 2 am Thursday morning I was so tired and couldn't sleep I told Sterling it was time to go to the hospital. When we got to the hospital I was only at a 3 and 1/2. I was so disappointed. The nurse wanted to send me home. But I knew this baby was coming that today. She called my doctor and he said "go ahead and give her pitocin, if she wants" (he knew since it was my forth that I was going to go fast and I was going to have her today) So I got the medicine and had her 4 hours later. It would have been 3 hours later, but the nurse was letting my doctor sleep in. After all it was Thanksgiving. He barely made it in time to catch her. I mean barely. She was practically half way out by the time he got there. I won't go into details. But it was a really nice labor and delivery. I might just do it again! She was sooooo cute. Not smushed up at all. We fell in love immediately. She is a little grunter though. A very good eater and as chunked out a lot. Lots of room on her cheeks for kisses. She looks a lot like Sydnee and Tessa as a baby. We are so happy she has joined our family. It is like she has been here all along. The girls just adore her. Sterling thinks she is a princess and can't wait to win her over to his side. (He has won the others, but I think this one will be a Mommy's girl for a little while)

1 comment:

Gicela said...

Congratulations Malinda! She's beautiful! I think she looks like a little Sterling!