Friday, January 2, 2009

Grandpa's Passing

My Grandpa passed away on December 3. I'll admit it was a good way to go. He was out working in the yard on Monday. On Tuesday he told my Dad he wasn't feeling well. By Tuesday late afternoon my Dad finally convinced him he need to go to the hospital. Thinking nothing was seriously wrong they were surprised to find out that my Grandpa had a heart attack. By the time all the family was notified my Grandpa was intensive care. My Mom, who was helping me with the little one, made it up there with my two sisters around 8 pm. When they got there the doctors told them that this was the end. This whole time my Grandpa was lucid and fully awake. He had time to say his good byes. 3 out of his 5 children were there along with a handful of grandchildren. He told everyone that he loved them and bore his testimony. They even joked a bite. Then around 1 am he was gone. He went to spend Christmas with Grandma. The nice thing is he was only without my grandma for 7 months. Not bad. And he didn't suffer long like my Grandma. The funeral was nice. It really wasn't sad, no one was left behind this time. See you Grandpa!

No comments: