Friday, January 2, 2009

Oh Sydnee!

So I went to pick up Sydnee from preschool a few weeks ago and as I am picking her up her teacher is laughing with another mom. She turns to me and says "we are laughing over what Sydnee said" I looked a Sydnee and started to roll my eyes. Oh no I thought here it comes "Sydnee says that because I am a Grandma I am going to die soon, but I still walk pretty good" Oh dear! I turned to Sydnee and she says "Yep, she is going to die soon. She is a grandma" I apologize like crazy, make up some excuse how she was dropped on her head recently. I turn to leave then realize duh, we have had 3 grandparents die in the past 7 months. Of course she thinks all grandparents are going to die soon. I run back in and explain to her teacher about all our deaths recently. Then I explain to Sydnee that not all Grandparents are going to die.
Right before Christmas Sydnee is begging me to go caroling. It is the middle of the day. Snowing like crazy and the baby is crying. The last thing I want to do is bundle everyone up and go caroling. After lots of hounding she decided to do just one house and come right back all by herself. "Ok" I say thinking there is no way she is going to do this all by herself. I get busy doing other things and didn't notice she had left. She came back a little while later. I asked her "Did you go caroling" "Yep" she said. Yeah right I am thinking. She said "Kirsten (her friend) wasn't home so I went to the Rich's house". Ok I am thinking. I am sure she knocked on their door and got nervous and ran. Wrong. A few days later at church Sister Rich came up to Sterling and told him how Sydnee came to her door all alone and caroled to her. She sang jingle bells. Sister Rich was so touched by it she started to cry as she told Sterling the story. He told me this and I of course had to laugh. Thanks Syd for proving me wrong! I love ya!

No comments: